We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our HVAC contractor groups. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing HVAC contractor resellers and actively seek new sales opportunities across Canada and the United States.
The Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing strong relationships with existing HAVEN IAQ resellers (B2B2C)
- Onboarding, training, and go-to-market strategy development with new HAVEN IAQ contractors/resellers
- Working closely with our Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Achieving sales quotas while keeping our customers satisfied and engaged with our products and services long-term
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe!
Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies.
At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health of millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What would make you a strong fit:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of success in your position, take initiative and lead by example
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique
- You are a self starter and manage your time effectively
- Previous start-up work experience, able to take on major responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Tech savvy, able to quickly adapt to new software product interfaces and interpret data
- Become a HAVEN IAQ platform expert (IoT, software & hardware)
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Understand the goals & objectives of new customers and translate those needs appropriately through the implementation and onboarding process
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Collaborate with inside & outside sales team to identify and grow opportunities within your portfolio
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Track metrics including average customer unit sales, NPS, LTV, and churn rate
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, or relevant role
- Previous SaaS sales experience preferred
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Preference will be given to candidates with product knowledge and industry experience
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits, mental health, counselling, and therapy sessions
- Professional training and personal development sponsorship
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are promoting to working from home full time based on the requirements of the position, with lots of Google Meet video calls and occasional in-person meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home 1-2 days per week.
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy