Senior Software Developer
As a senior software developer at TZOA, your work will have a huge impact on our manufacturing, telemetry and database management as well as production server operations. You will be contributing to our data pipelines and telemetry database, manufacturing test software/database along with working on some of our servers and APIs. We also do API development, IoT interfacing, data wrangling and lots of other software work too. This is an intermediate to senior position with lead potential depending on your capabilities.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health for millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What would make you a strong fit:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of success in your position, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
- You are a self starter and manage your time effectively.
- Own our manufacturing software code base - a set of QT based apps, a production database and access APIs that are used throughout our IoT device production line
- Own and develop new features for our air quality telemetry pipeline and database. This will involved working with our product and data science teams on large data sets
- Write and execute unit and integration tests, integrating your feature developments in with our DevOps pipeline
- Optimize and refine our data services and management
- Work with other developers on designs, reviews and mentorship
Qualifications and Experience
- 6+ years of software development experience including:
- Significant C++ development experience
- Exposure to the QT development environment
- Moderate experience building customer facing tools and applications
- PostGres and Timescale database management, queries and APIs
- Exposure to AWS or Azure backend services, including SQL and NoSQL databases, Cloudformation, VM/server management, Lambdas
- Moderate Python development experience, including PyTest
- Experience with IoT devices, streaming telemetry and constantly growing datasets
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Experience with software development processes including source control, branch management, bug tracking and documentation
- Experience with complete SLDC from requirements gathering to production; show us what you have shipped!
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are generally working from home full time, with lots of Google Hangouts and occasional socially distanced in-person meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home one day per week. .
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy