As Operations Manager you will be responsible to manage the daily production requirements for fulfillment of the sales demand. This will include all procurement requirements, planning, logistics, production/capacity planning, quality requirements and 3rd party manufacturing management. You will work with the engineering and product team on new product launches from development into production. Supporting alternate sourcing and risk management requirements. Direct reporting to the management team to provide regular KPI metrics and reporting. You will be responsible to provide leadership direction to the operations team along with cross functional development across the organization.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve health for millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What would make you a strong fit:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of success in your position, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
- You are a self-starter and manage your time effectively.
- Develop strategies and planning to support the company’s growth trajectory.
- Work with the Sales organization to set production levels and optimize our cash conversion cycle.
- Own the procurement of parts and other production materiel both directly with vendors and via our partnerships.
- Be responsible for ensuring on-time production, continuity of supply and quality control for TZOA’s contract and in-house manufacturing output.
- Report, analyze and control all operation production costs and metrics.
- Manage the RFP process with all suppliers and develop strong supply chain procedures.
- Manage all KPI and required reporting to the management team.
- Fully own and provide direction for production plans, production change processes and work with Engineering on manufacturing process development, finished goods quality, production equipment, work instructions and training.
- Direct management of inventory, monthly reporting requirements and cash flow projections.
- Ensure on-going compliance with OEM partners white-label production requirements.
- Lead and Develop operational team.
- Manage all logistics requirements as related to product shipments.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7-10 years' experience working in Operations or production, ideally as an Operations Manager or Supply Chain Manager.
- SCMP designation an asset. Strong procurement background required.
- Planning and inventory management skills required.
- Shipping, logistics and import/export skills are an asset.
- Experience in production KPI Management and reporting.
- Understanding and working knowledge of contract negotiation and SOW
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Operational Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Proven Leader and people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year-end holidays
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy