Director of Finance
We are looking for a director of finance to join our fast growing company. This position will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible to manage all financial requirements. This person will need to work to improve and establish financial processes and procedures and help to build the key foundations needed to help the company continue to achieve its goals.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health of millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What would make you a strong fit:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of success in your position, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
- You are a self starter and manage your time effectively.
- Financial Reporting. This includes monthly/quarterly and yearly requirements.
- Leading the Budget planning process yearly and then monthly progress reporting.
- Managing all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and defining continuous improvements to company procedures and policies.
- Maintain continual awareness of the company/s financial position, cash flow and financial performance and identify ways to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Manage all tax planning, compliance, regularly and statutory reporting for all the required (Canada/US and International) federal, province/state, local and payroll taxes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with auditors, counsel, bank, lenders and government agencies.
- Lead and support various corporate and business development initiatives to support company growth.
Qualifications and Experience
- CA with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 7-10+ years of advanced level corporate reporting and finance experience. Director level experience required.
- Experience with startup company work is an advantage.
- Experience with cap table and ESOP management
- Experience with Canadian, US and international taxation
- Experience in Capital budgeting, cash flow forecasting and financial planning.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage yourself to deadlines.
- Strong self started and ability to self manage.
- Excellent communication skills
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are promoting to working from home full time based on the requirements of the position, with lots of Google Hangouts and occasional in-person socially distanced meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home one day per week.
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy