You will be leading the creation and execution of a strategy to grow and nurture the HAVEN IAQ community of HVAC professionals and homeowners, building it up from ground zero. You will also coordinate with sales, marketing and product teams to ensure brand and voice consistency, keep abreast of industry developments and competitors and act as a brand ambassador for TZOA.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health for millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of success in your position, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute the strategy to grow and nurture the HAVEN IAQ community of HVAC professionals and homeowners to over 10K members
- Facilitate and moderate discussions within the online community
- Respond to community member queries in a timely manner
- Coordinate with sales, marketing and product teams to ensure brand and voice consistency
- Monitor and report on customer feedback and online reviews
- Monitor and report on competitor products and community activity
- Contribute engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Manage and grow the HAVEN Beta Program
- Organize and participate in online events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
What would make you a strong fit:
- Proven work experience as an online community manager for similar products or services
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events, top contributors, etc)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Hands on experience with social media management
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are promoting to working from home full time based on the requirements of the position, with lots of Google Hangouts and occasional in-person meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home one day per week.
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy