Software Developer in Test
As a software developer in test, you will play a critical role in helping our software team ship quality software by building and running automated and manual tests for our mobile and web apps as well as contributing to our overall CI/CD processes. This role can vary from intermediate to senior experience level and has lead potential.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health for millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now to excel in our organization and make the biggest impact.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of engineering success, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and run client-facing application (mobile app, web app) user/integration/regression tests (pyTest)
- Develop manual software test suites, capture and document test results (Azure test plans)
- Use test automation frameworks to orchestrate system-level end-to-end tests (combined hardware / client app / backend software behaviors)
- Participate in new feature specification definition and develop unit/integration tests for testing new features in CI pipelines
- Participate in the configuration and operation of CI pipelines for test automation
- Monitor and help increase testing coverage in CI pipelines for all software projects
- Investigate automated test failures, report test failures to Development team, create bug tickets
- Review customer support bug reports, validate failure conditions and generate bugfix tasks for Development team
- Design, implement and run infrastructure tests for testing managed services (load tests, integration tests)
What would make you a strong fit:
- 4+ years hands on experience in software test development
- 2+ years of experience using Selenium or a similar front end testing tool
- 2+ years of experience using python and the pyTest library
- Experience with one of the major CI/CD platforms (Azure DevOps, App Center, Jenkins etc)
- Experience in one of the major cloud platforms, Azure and AWS preferred
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are promoting to working from home full time based on the requirements of the position, with lots of Google Hangouts and occasional in-person meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home one day per week.
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy - on our small team you can make an outsize impact!
Please note that we do not offer relocation and but do offer remote working opportunities within Canada for exceptional candidates.