You’ll be taking over and evolving the hardware side of our flagship product, The Haven Central Air Monitor. This will involve the full hardware product lifecycle from schematic capture and layout to full production. In addition to this, you will be working on the hardware for other new product developments from ideation to production.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health of millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now to excel in our organization and make the biggest impact.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of engineering success, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
What you’ll do:
- Design schematics, complete board layouts, assemble, test, debug and integrate designs into existing systems
- Confirm existing system and component capabilities by designing, testing, and executing test plans
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components
- Execute EVT and DVT builds to ensure DFM maturity prior to handoff to contract manufacturers
- Onboarding and training CM process engineers to ensure compliance with TZOA control plans
- Travel for onsite visits to vendors to inspect lines and ensure quality control
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of industry experience in hardware design or electrical engineering roles
- Experience in schematic capture and board layout using Altium
- Circuit design experience with micro-controllers and peripheral sensors
- Analog design experience, including experience with signal acquisition, measurement of high bandwidth analog signals and high gain amplifiers.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
- Experience with communication interfaces, such as USB, I2C, and SPI
- Experience programming in C, specifically initial system bring-up, debugging and test code
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are promoting to working from home full time based on the requirements of the position, with lots of Google Hangouts and occasional in-person meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home one day per week.
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy