Manufacturing Process Engineer
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you’ll be working on our production and manufacturing systems - helping advance our calibration system for higher throughput, working with our development engineers on production test fixtures and generally making sure that our production systems are robust and efficient. In this role you will be developing automated quality controls using instrumentation sensors and semi-automated manufacturing equipment.
Who are We?
TZOA is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and solutions. With the current pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe! Our products not only detect air quality problems, but also help solve these problems by connecting to our customers HVAC systems to clean the air better and more efficiently. TZOA has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At TZOA we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better.
TZOA's mission is to build innovative IAQ products; reimagining how HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are lowering the cost of world class sensors and partnering with massive HVAC distributors and contractors in order to have an incredible impact.
TZOA's vision is to improve the health for millions of people by increasing the efficacy and accessibility of world class indoor air quality solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- You are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and focus on what’s-important-now to excel in our organization and make the biggest impact.
- You value collaboration, transparency and have a get-stuff-done mindset. As an individual contributor, you understand the aspects of engineering success, take initiative and lead by example.
- You work well with others, take pride in a job well done, and understand that in our company we are all accountable to each other.
- You want to push the envelope, overcoming big challenges in order to create something truly unique.
What you’ll do:
- Own the production test fixtures we use for manufacturing, both in house and at our local CM.
- Provide input into product design to ensure design is optimized for manufacturability
- Work with our development team to design and implement new test fixtures for products not yet in production
- Work with our development team to update and modify our existing test fixtures for higher throughput and reliability
- Help with ongoing maintenance and sustaining of existing test fixtures
- Design and improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Develop and maintain process controls in service of production yield
- Maintain core documentation (MFG-BOM, Work Instructions, Cycle Time, Process Failure modes and Effects Analysis, tooling/fixture/jig designing, incoming inspection documentation, quality requirements, special material handling documentation)
- Providing front line response for production process and equipment issues
- Serve as process subject matter expert (SME) and assist with identification and
delivery of technician training requirements
What would make you a strong fit:
- Education in Manufacturing engineering. Mechanical or industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in related designing manufacturing process and equipment
- Experience with ISO9001 requirements.
- Lean manufacturing training
- Experiences in creating procedures, processes and work instructions.
- Certification or exposure to six sigma
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to report on work progress.
- Strong experience with value stream mapping, design for manufacture, and change control management
- Strong, practical knowledge of R&D, troubleshooting, supply chain, and quality control.
- Experience working with PLC devices that are programmed with ladder logic
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- During COVID we are promoting to working from home full time based on the requirements of the position, with lots of Google Hangouts and occasional in-person meetings. During non-pandemic times we generally work from home one day per week.
- Full kitchen stocked with snacks & basic supplies
- Pet friendly office
- Exciting startup energy